Friday, January 6, 2012

Epiphany

double doves top our tree
Double doves top our tree on this evening of the Epiphany.
On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love said to me,
It's time to say goodbye to the tree.
***
It's hard to believe it's been three and a half years with Etsy 
and three years of Golly Bard's Drawing Room. The time has flown by so fast.
Hundreds of paintings made and hundreds sold. 
I am so very grateful and admittedly a little weary too.
So I took things very slowly this week and enjoyed each day of Christmas and the New Year,
(which involved quite a lot of buttery cookies 
and a champagne punch called the velvet hammer),
 I revisited my early blog posts which were quirky and fun and frivolous. 
A nod to one of my favorite illustrators, Maira Kalman.
This year I want to recapture the little muse in each day and bring back 
that adventurous spirit of the early days.
So, I hope you'll join me here for another great year!




15 comments:

Dawn said...

Here's to a year of inspiration and wonder!
Happy new year to you!
I love this illustration.
xo

Unknown said...

I just about had a fit on the spot. My heart raced; mouth instantly dry; panic quickly setting in; eyesight blurry from fright because I thought that you were about to say goodbye to your blog. Whew! I need a drink. That velvet hammer sounds good right about now. I'll have to settle for tea as I'm about to make an Indian dinner that involves spices (and proper attention)! I love your illustration and love your blog. Happy New Year and may it refresh your creative spirit! *smiles* Norma

holly aka golly said...

Country Girl: Cheers and same to you! Happy New Year!

Norma: Oh, no! I'm so sorry to have made you fret. We're only saying goodbye to the tree. I'm slowly emerging from my post holiday hibernation and just getting started - ready to see what the new year brings! Don't you worry, I'm not going anywhere! Happy New Year!

prettylittlethieves said...

happy new year holly! thanks for constantly inspiring us all with your beautiful work!

RosaMarĂ­a said...

hope this will be a marvelous year for you Holly!
thank you so much for all the beauty you share here!

Happy 2012!

Dreaming Woods said...

your paintings are magic. and i hope this year will be the year when i begun collecting them...

Erin said...

Wow this painting is specially so beautiful and peaceful!
Happy another creative year to you!!

holly aka golly said...

Nancy: Your work truly inspires me!

RosaMaria: Wishing you a fabulous year too!

WW: Thank you so much. Collecting art is such fun.

Erin: Thank you, you are too kind. I think this will be a great and exciting year for all of us!

Happy New Year!

Linda Ellett said...

Happy new Year to you Holly, and a very prosperous one at that!!

I'm a huge fan and someday I WILL own one of your paintings!!!

Linda

holly aka golly said...

Linda: You are too kind and a very Happy New year to you too! I think it's going to be a great year!

Laura said...

happy new year, holly! may the muse be with you:)

franswazz said...

You bet I'll join you!
It is a shower of beauty that awaits us here
Happy New Year
Peace and ♥♥♥

holly aka golly said...

Laura: I hope you have a marvelous year! Looking forward to seeing new and beautiful work from your corner. Everyone, I mean everyone loves "my" Laura's.

Franswazz: Always so nice of you to stop by! Wishing you all the best in 2012!

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Now that I've found you I look forward to visiting your world. I love your work!

lwzenke said...

this is so beautiful!